Keeping things running smoothly
Our Construction Department has released their list of maintenance projects for this school year, and as always, it’s an impressive one that covers many areas of the district.
Note: None of these projects are funded by our recently-approved bond. That money is reserved for the projects put before voters on the February ballot. You can find monthly bond project updates at bethelsd.org/bond
With fencing projects that are already in the permitting stages at North Star, Naches Trail, and Kapowsin elementary schools it’s going to be a busy year!
Some of the big projects are:
- Front office remodels at Camas Prairie and Centennial elementary schools
- New floor coverings at Bethel and Frontier middle schools
- Tennis court resurfacing at Spanaway Lake High School
With 221 portable classrooms in the district, you’d think there would be no shortage of repairs that are needed. But our Director of Construction and Planning, Cathie Carlson, said knowing how critical portables are to our growing district, they’ve stayed on top of the necessary repairs and upgrades. “We’re actually catching up because we’ve been doing so many for the last three or four years,” she said while presenting the project list at a recent School Board meeting.
Thanks to that diligent work, this year only three portables will see repairs: two at Camas Prairie Elementary, and one at Nelson Elementary.
- Bethel High School
- Centennial play shed
- Cougar Mountain Middle School
- Educational Service Center Building #1
- Elk Plain
- Exterior — Centennial Elementary
- Interior — Camas Prairie Elementary classrooms
- Interior — Graham Elementary classrooms
You can find the recently completed list of 2018/19 Maintenance Projects by clicking here.